More pages in this section
COVID-19 update for consumers
Information below is current as at Tuesday 11 January 2022.
We're committed to keeping our community, consumers and employees safe during these challenging and changing times. The below information provides details on how we can all support each other during this challenging time.
As always, we follow the directives of Queensland Health.
What can you (our consumers) do to help us?
There are some simple things we can all do to stay safe and ensure that we stay safe and comply with the Queensland Government's COVID-19 requirements.
Preparing for COVID
Here are some tips to help get you COVID-ready:
- talk to those in your home about being prepared for COVID and discuss how you will manage as a household
- visit the All Queenslanders: COVID-Ready | Health and wellbeing | Queensland Government website
- book in to receive your vaccine
- prepare a COVID-ready kit
- prepare a COVID care plan
Here are some items you should put together in a COVID-Ready kit incase you test positive and are required to isolate at home.
- pain relief
- regular medications
- a plan in case you have to go to hospital
- masks, hand sanitiser and gloves
- a plan for how you will get food and essential items
- phone number for people outside your home who can help
- stay-at-home activities
Before your shift
You will receive a phone call 15 minutes before your shift from your Lifestyle Support Worker (LSW). During this call we'll ask you a series of questions, please answer these honestly.
- Do you have COVID-19 symptoms eg. sore throat, fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose, headache, diarrhoea, fatigue or loss of smell/taste?
- Has someone in your household tested positive?
selectability must ensure our employees are provided with a safe working environment. As per the Qld Health directive (Public Health Face Mask Requirements Direction (No.4)), everyone must wear a face mask in the following locations:
- all indoor workplaces
- public transport and rideshare
- supermarkets and retail shops
- hospitality venues including pubs, clubs and cafes
- cinemas and theatres
- indoor stadium, sports arena or sports centre
- gyms and sport activities
- vulnerable settings like hospitals and aged care
- schools, childcare and other education facilities
- airports and on planes
Please note: there are exemptions to the above which are outlined here Public Health Face Mask Requirements Direction (No.4).
Get a health check
It's time to put your health first, if you currently receive ongoing medical care for a pre-existing condition or disability reach out to your support coordinator, health worker or doctor to make sure you booked in for your any upcoming appointments.
Rapid antigen tests
Rapid antigen tests (RAT) will be made FREE for people with a concession card. This includes low income earners, pensioners, healthcare card holders, etc.
- these tests should be available from pharmacists within the next 2 weeks.
- you may be eligible to receive 10 free tests over a three month period. And will be able to collect a maximum of 5 per month.
Once available, you can get these free tests at pharmacies.
What if you test positive for COVID?
If you receive a positive test result, you must contact selectability and advise before your next shift.
It is important for us to know of your positive result so that we can communicate to anyone who may be a close contact so they can monitor their symptoms and get tested if feeling unwell.
selectability will work with you to offer appropriate supports that can be delivered in a safe manner.
selectability acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we provide services and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We acknowledge those with lived experience and those who support and partner with us to improve mental wellbeing and prevent suicide across regional Queensland.