Support CoordinatorReturn to list
Casual|Mount Isa|Based on experience and qualifications|Closes Until position is filled
About the role
Our support coordination function is rapidly growing and we are looking for someone motivated and ready to take the next step in their career to join this supportive and passionate team.
As support coordinator you will work with participants to creatively and resourcefully use their NDIS plans to achieve their goals.
You will support and empower participants to make their own choices about how they want to lead their lives. You will coordinate a variety of services for participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community.
Engaging with and managing a participant's key stakeholders, including government agencies, community and clinical service providers and families, you will ensure that the supports and services are leveraged, not duplicated.
Our recovery-oriented approach is holistic, understanding that truly fulfilling life involves purposeful mental, physical, emotional, financial and personal wellbeing.
You will work with participants to strengthen their ability to coordinate their supports to live their best life.
- a genuine interest in the mental health and disability sector (experience is desirable)
- a working knowledge of the NDIS
- excellent communication skills
- a commitment to best practice
- experience working in a team environment
- the ability to quickly and effectively engage consumers
- the ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- ...and most importantly - a positive attitude!
- First Aid and CPR certificates (or the ability to complete before you start)
- a current drivers' drivers licence (minimum P2)
- a roadworthy, registered and comprehensively insured car
- a Blue Card with a Yellow Card exemption (or the ability to complete before you start)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module 'Quality, Safety & You' completion certificate (you can access this free training here)
About the offer
We offer a competitive salary and many benefits including:
flexible working arrangements
a supportive and collaborative working environment
ongoing training and professional development opportunities
If this sounds like you, please apply via seek