Support CoordinatorReturn to list
Empowering people to live the life they want
selectability is a not-for-profit community organisation supporting the mental wellbeing of the individuals and communities across our region. We are a registered NDIS provider offering services and programs to empower people to live the life they want.
Our focus is always the individual and their goals and aspirations.
At selectability our values define what we stand for and how we work.
- commitment … our consumers and their goals are everything.
- accountability … We take responsibility for our actions.
- diversity … we respect and celebrate that everyone is different.
- positivity …we engender courage and passion for a better future.
- human rights … we respect and promote individual rights.
- integrity … we do the right thing even when no one is looking.
- innovation…we believe that every day is an opportunity to improve.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Support Coordinator to provide a flexible, responsive, individualised, and accessible service to our consumers.
The role of a selectability Support Coordinator:
- Works directly with people, their families and carers in the new and exciting funding space, National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Provides support to empower participants to connect with and maintain relationships to enable them to strengthen their capacity.
- Enables participants to implement and optimise their NDIS plan.
- Empowers participants to creatively build on their knowledge and skills to achieve their goals.
- Assists participants to consider future aspirations and support through annual reviews.
About You/Selection Criteria
To be considered for the position you must have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum of two years' experience in human services within the mental health sector
- Highly developed person-centred communication skills
- A current open/P2 "C" Class Queensland drivers’ licence
- A road roadworthy vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- A current national police check (to be provided before you start)
- A positive notice working with children (blue card) with a yellow card exemption (or the ability to obtain)
- Current first aid and CPR certificates or ability to obtain within the first month of employment
must possess certificate or be willing to complete the “Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’”. The module is FREE, takes approx. 1 to 1 ½ hours to complete.
The course can be completed by registering online via the following link: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/node/1236. At completion of the course, you will be provided with a certificate that you can send to us at email@example.com
About the offer
We offer a competitive salary and many benefits including:
- Remuneration commensurate of experience and qualifications
- Flexible working arrangements
- Up to $15,600 FBT Salary Packaging benefits
- Supportive and collaborative working environment
- your current resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- names and contact details of at least two current supervisor or management referees
If you would like more information please contact selectability's HR team on 07 4781 2600.