Project Worker - Whitsunday regionReturn to list
Part-Time|Whitsunday region|Closes Until position is filled
About the role
The Suicide Prevention Community Action Planning Group (SPCAP) project for Whitsunday, Isaac and Mackay is seeking a Project Worker for the Isaac Regional Council area. The ideal candidate will be a resident of this region and available to work approximately 15 hours per week.
Reporting to the SPCAP Project Facilitator the role will work as a member of the core team (3 Project Workers, Project Support Worker and Project Facilitator who work remotely across the region) and support SPCAP to:
- Support implementation of the Suicide Prevention Community Action Plan for the Isaac region so that it appropriately identifies and addresses specific priorities for communities in the Isaac region.
- Implement the core team's workplan, which aligns with the Community Action Plan.
- Report to the SPCAP Project Facilitator.
- Co-design key performance indicators appropriate to the region with respect to:
- Men’s Community Engagement and Media Campaign. This work requires developing relationships with local community groups, clubs etc. and a knowledge of local events.
- Connecting with schools.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local stakeholders such as Health and Hospital Services, Whitsunday Regional Council, local businesses, community services and groups.
- Developing localised strategies to address issues related to transfer of care. This could include access to specialists, use of telehealth and other online supports and resources.
- Identifying strategies to address issues related to particular communities within the region, which may be related to the geographical location (e.g.: Bowen, Collinsville etc.) or the social structure (e.g: transient populations, etc.).
- High level skills in Microsoft Office Suite Applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Qualifications and/or skills in working in the mental health sector or other relevant field
- a current valid “C” Class Queensland Drivers licence
- a Disability Services Positive Notice Card (Yellow exemption on Blue Card) (or ability to obtain)
- a current National Police Check prior to commencement
About the offer
- Up to $15,600 FBT Salary Packaging benefits under the Charitable Incorporations Registration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Family friendly environment
- Supportive and collaborative environment
If you are interested in this great opportunity please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining the skills and experienced that meet the above criteria and why you are the best person for this role to email@example.com.