More pages in this section
Peer Support Worker - Sarina
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A genuine interest in mental health
- A commitment to selectability's values
- An ability to maintain and exercise strict confidentiality
- A working knowledge of mental health and a person-centred approach to mental illness
- An ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- An interest in art & craft, healthy living and exercise
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong data management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular Outlook and Excel)
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Peer Support Worker to support the implementation and delivery of an innovative program to improve mental wellbeing as part of our Mental Health Hub’s outreach program. As a Peer Support Worker, you will be using a person centred, trauma-informed approach, along with your knowledge of mental health to facilitate group activities and programs to help those who identify as living with mental illness. You will draw on your knowledge of recovery from mental illness to instil hope and confidence in others.
This role is part-time, fixed-term and offering approximately 15-25 hours per week with potential for this to increase.
The key responsibilities of the Peer Support Worker include but are not limited to:
- Support people with mental illness
- Improve access to support services, mental health outcomes and equity in service availability for individuals and groups across our region
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Reduce the avoidable need for more intense and acute health services
- Facilitate group activities
- Community education
- Data management and some administrative duties
- A Positive Notice Working with Children (Blue Card)
- A current Yellow Card Exemption or NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
NOTE: It is a mandatory condition of employment for this position to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to commencing.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and a half page cover letter outlining your skills, experience and why you feel you are the best candidate for the role via seek.com.au
selectability acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we provide services and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We acknowledge those with lived experience and those who support and partner with us to improve mental wellbeing and prevent suicide across regional Queensland.