Now you see me
Now You See Me ... art workshops + competition + exhibition
Understanding mental illness is key to breaking the stigma.
When a person is labelled by their illness they are no longer seen as an individual ... Now You See Me art workshops, competition and exhibition puts the focus on the individual - not the illness.
It will showcase to the Townsville community that people living with mental illness have passions, hopes and dreams - just like everyone else!
The art competition is open to emerging Townsville artists with personal experience of mental illness.
First prize $2000 (as awarded by judging panel)
People’s choice $1000 (as voted by the Townsville community)
More details about the competition will be available soon .... watch this space!
*11 - 22 August art & inspiration workshops
* 6 August competition registration opens
* 14 September competition registration closes
* 21 September artwork to be submitted
* 2 October exhibition opens (and so does People's Choice voting!)
* 8 October People's Choice voting closes
* winners announced - 10 October 2018 (World Mental Health Day)
Now You See Me is proudly supported by Townsville City Council.