More pages in this section
NDIS Support Coordinator - ISA
About the role
As a support coordinator you will work closely with participants to navigate the NDIS and interpret their individual packages; it is your role to ensure they are getting the most out of their NDIS plans.
You will support and empower participants to make their own choices about how they want to lead their lives. You will coordinate a variety of services for participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community.
Engaging with and managing a participant's key stakeholders, including government agencies, community and clinical service providers and families, you will ensure that the supports and services are leveraged, not duplicated.
Our recovery-oriented approach is holistic, understanding that truly fulfilling life involves purposeful mental, physical, emotional, financial and personal wellbeing.
You will work with participants to strengthen their ability to coordinate their supports to live their best life.
selectability exists to improve the mental wellbeing of regional Queenslanders and to champion suicide prevention in our communities. We are one of the largest providers of NDIS mental health services across our diverse footprint.
Our focus is always the individual and their goals and aspirations.
- Commitment…consumers, their goals and their rights are everything.
- Accountability…we take responsibility for our actions.
- Compassion…we understand and care deeply about our consumers.
- Respect…we acknowledge that everyone is different and promote equal human rights.
- Integrity…we do the right thing even when no one is looking.
- Innovation…we believe that every day is an opportunity to improve.
- Positivity...we engender courage and passion for a better future.
- a genuine interest in mental health and the disability sector (experience is desirable)
- a working knowledge of the NDIS
- excellent communication skills
- a commitment to best practice
- experience working in a team environment
- the ability to quickly and effectively engage consumers
- the ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities & individuals
- and most importantly a positive attitude!
Qualifications & requirements
- First Aid and CPR certificates (or the ability to obtain within 30 days of commencing)
- a current drivers' Drivers Licence (minimum P2)
- a roadworthy, registered and comprehensively insured car
- a Positive Notice Working with Children (Blue Card) with a Yellow Card exemption or Blue Card with the ability to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module 'Quality, Safety & You' completion certificate
(visit https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au to access this free module)
At completion of the course, you will be provided with a certificate of completion which you can forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: It is a mandatory condition of employment for this position to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required prior to commencing.
selectability acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which we provide services and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. We acknowledge those with lived experience and those who support and partner with us to improve mental wellbeing and prevent suicide across regional Queensland.