Graduate AccountantReturn to list
Full-Time|Townsville|Based on Experience and Qualifications|Closes Until Position is Filled
Graduate Accountant - Townsville
selectability is a not-for-profit community organisation supporting the mental wellbeing of the individuals and communities across our region. We are a registered NDIS provider offering services and programs to empower people to live the life they want.
Our focus is always the individual and their goals and aspirations.
At selectability our values define what we stand for and how we work.
- commitment … our consumers and their goals are everything.
- accountability … We take responsibility for our actions.
- diversity … we respect and celebrate that everyone is different.
- positivity …we engender courage and passion for a better future.
- human rights … we respect and promote individual rights.
- integrity … we do the right thing even when no one is looking.
- innovation…we believe that every day is an opportunity to improve.
About the role
An opportunity exists for a Graduate Accountant to join our Finance team on a full time basis. This role with report directly to our Senior Finance Officer and will be a valued member of the Corporate Services Team.
This position will provide financial administrative support to management through the delivery of comprehensive, timely and accurate accounting processing.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- General accounting tasks from accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist with preparing statutory accounts
- Assist with preparing management reports
- Prepare monthly general ledger reconciliations
This role is also responsible for the preparation of accurate accounting records and production of reports to conform to funder(s) and selectability requirements, and liaise with staff on matters associated with financial control and budget management.
To be considered for this rewarding opportunity you must have:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Commerce (mandatory)
- Demonstrate proficient experience with MYOB
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to pass an interviewing assessment
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a similar role is desirable
- You will need to be able to obtain a positive:
- National police check certificate.
- Notice Working with Children (blue card) with a yellow card exemption.
About the offer
We offer a myriad of benefits including:
- salary commensurate of qualifications and experience
- Up to $15,900 FBT Salary Packaging benefits
- A full-time position
- Opportunity to join an organsition that is rapidly growing and expanding across Queensland due to our experitse in delivering the NDIS
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter and a copy of your university course results to HR@selectability.com.au outlining clearly:
- How you meet the above four “must have” requirements;
- What you bring to the role and why you are the best person for this role;
- What your remuneration expectations are; and
- When you would be able to commence.
If you would like more information please contact selectability’s HR team on 07 4781 2600.