Care NavigatorReturn to list
We are about to launch an exciting new project and have two rewarding roles available for the right people to join the team, in either Townsville or Mackay.
The project involves provisioning of programs to support the key objectives of the National Psychosocial Support Measure (NPSM) in the Townsville and Mackay regions.
The programs will be for the community, and will provide a robust and comprehensive framework to improve access to holistic psychosocial support services. This includes the establishment and delivery of an after-hours Mental Health Hub and weekend programs to facilitate community engagement in mental health.
About the Role:
As a care navigator, You will be responsible for developing and implementing programs aimed at addressing the social determinants of health. You will work in consultation with peer workers, community partners and program volunteers to structure and implement activities and reporting that will support the key objectives of the NPSM in the Townsville or Mackay region. You will also be responsible for recruiting the required workforce to deliver the program.
You will demonstrate a strong understanding of the NDIS and block funded programs to screen clients for program eligibility, and organise appropriate referrals as required. As part of the process, you will engage with clients both face-to-face, or over the phone or video conference, and implement screening assessments to determine appropriate referral pathways.
Eligibility Requirements for the Position:
- Previous experience with developing and implementing programs.
- Strong management skills, and capabilities in decision making, conflict resolution, budgeting and reporting.
- Existing local connections with community and services relevant to the role.
- Must hold a minimum degree qualification in mental health or a relevant health related field. We will require a copy of your qualification and transcript.
- Social media management experience (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, Adwords) is highly desirable.
Essential Screening Requirements:
- First Aid and CPR certificates (or ability to obtain)
- A blue card with a positive yellow card exemption (or ability to obtain)
- A driver's license and a road worthy comprehensively insured vehicle
- Successful completion of the NDIS Worker Orientation Module (Free to obtain at https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au/)
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, please click on either Townsville or Mackay to apply or alternatively, email your application to email@example.com (please ensure you include which role and region you wish to apply for, or your application will not be considered)
- Your Resume
- a short cover letter outlining your skills, experiece and why you are the best person for the role
- Your required salary
- How soon you can start
If you require more information or have any questions about any of the roles, please contact selectability Human Resources on 07 4781 2600 or via email to HR@selectability.com.au
These positions will close as soon as we find the right person. So, don't delay, apply today!