Based on valuable contribution to the organisation, life memberships have been awarded to::
- Awarded life membership in 2010.
- Rhonda served as the CEO of SOLAS from 1996 - 2013. She is an experienced North Queensland Social Worker having completed both Bachelor and Master Degrees at James Cook University. She has extensive experience working towards social justice for disadvantaged people and has been employed in community based welfare services in Townsville since 1989. Rhonda has since retired and maintains a lifelong interest in mental health.
- Awarded life membership in 2009.
- Tom has been a member of the Board of Management of SOLAS since 1999. He was President of the Board from 2001 - 2013. When the organisation transitioned to a company limited by guarantee, he became the Chair, and is still serving, making him the longest serving Board leader in SOLAS' history. Through Tom's leadership and drive, the organisation has developed into a leading specialist mental health service in North Queensland. Tom's vision of mental health recovery that is lead by each person in the community of their choosing, has lead the organisation through challenges and achievements to ensure that the needs of the community are met at a high standard. Tom's professional career as a Mental Health Nurse and his continued voluntary work in the community sector has made an outstanding contribution to mental health services.
- Awarded life membership in 2006.
- Mike Cartmill joined the SOLAS Steering Committee in 1995 whilst he was a Senior Inspector with the Queensland Police Force. Mike was one of the founding Board Members when the organisation was officially incorporated in 1996. He retired from the SOLAS Board in September 2009. Mike served as Treasurer in the 1996 - 1997 financial year and Secretary from 1999 - 2009.